Just thought I would drop everyone a quick note from the top of the world...
I am up in Inuvik for work (http://www.inuvik.ca/tourism/index.html) and it is quite the place in the middle of summer. It truly has 24 hours of daylight...
It is currently 1:00 am and the sun is just starting to drop to the tops of the trees, there are still teens and kids out riding their bikes and it could be just before dinner time in any southern locale.
In most of the communities the schools let out as of May 31st because the kids have such trouble focusing (and sleeping) once the sun is like this. Inuvik follows the southern (Alberta) school schedule so doesn't get out until the end of June - must be pure torture for these kids...
When Tim, Hunter and I were here 2 years ago there were families having picnics at the campground at 10:30 pm just like it was Sunday afternoon.