Welcome to Hunter's BLOG

This blog celebrates the adventures of Hunter and his entourage...making the most of our time in the Yukon.



Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Hunter is a kayaker!!!

Our trip to Alaska in July was great and I'll blog a number of posts. Instead of doing it in a linear fashion, I thought I would focus on themes...

Hunter has become a whitewater kayaker this summer and it is great - we now have a family activity that we are all doing together and having alot of fun.
It all started with him going to Adventure Rocks Kayak camp the last week of June. One of our many stops in Alaska was Wasilla, where we picked up a Jackson Duo (2 person) Whitewater boat and a Jackson 1.5 kids whitewater boat for Hunter.
He is incredibly proud of his boat and we have been attending the Yukon Canoe and Kayak Club River Raiders kids program every monday night that we have been in town. It's been amazing to see how fast he learns and how much fun we are all having...