Welcome to Hunter's BLOG

This blog celebrates the adventures of Hunter and his entourage...making the most of our time in the Yukon.



Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Look out - Mom's in charge

To make up for the 2 weeks that Tim was away from the beloved hospital, he is now working almost 2 weeks straight fitting in a months worth of shifts into the back half of the month.

This means that Mom is a single parent and all that comes with it... good news is that we're at the halfway mark and I'm still standing (and Hunter's still in one piece).

I was going to title this one "survival" as that's pretty much how it feels at the moment, but then I giggled at something that Tim said in our first "in person" visit in many days - "you know that things are going to hell at home when you find pieces of art (his mask carving) hung on the wall with 2 thumbtacks!"

From my perspective, it was all part of a massive clean up effort that Hunter and I had over the weekend while Dad was at work. The mask had been sitting on a shelf since we moved here and we (ok I) thought it should be displayed. In my infinite wisdom, I figured that I would collect more grief from actually nailing something in (well out of my scope of role) so I went with the temporary solution...

Life as a mind-reader would be soooo much easier most days.

In the mean-time, Hunter and I have been playing and baking up a storm, along with preparing for Halloween. We made outstanding cookies using our new transportation themed (trucks, airplanes etc.) cookie cutters (thanks Aunt Patty & Uncle Simon) for the daycare potluck party coming up on Friday and Hunter is convinced that he is going to sit at his spot and eat the entire tin!